Guide to Pharmacies and Medications
Medications: US Family Health Plan covers all FDA-approved prescription drugs when prescribed by an authorized physician. Your copayment depends on whether your medication is for a generic, name brand, or non-formulary medication.
For a list of non-formulary medications, click here.
How to get prescriptions filled:
- US Family Health Plan’s primary pharmacies are located at the Brighton Marine Health Center in Boston and Brighton Marine at Hanscom AFB.
- Mail Order Pharmacy Service: When you use our Mail Order Pharmacy Service, you save over 66% on long-term medications and refills for most prescriptions. Get a 90-day supply for a price that is even less than you’d pay for a 30-day supply at a retail pharmacy. In fact, generics are free! No driving, no hassles, no charge for postage. To get started, download the New Patient Information Form and mail the completed form to: Brighton Marine Pharmacy, 77 Warren Street, Boston, MA 02135.
- For urgent, one-time, or family planning prescriptions, present your US Family Health Plan member ID card at a network retail pharmacy nationwide. To find out if your local pharmacy is on our network, please call 1-800-818-8589.
Some medications are now available only through our Mail Order Pharmacy Service or in person at our Hanscom or Brighton Marine specialty pharmacy locations. To download a list of these specialty medications, click here.
Some types of medications excluded from the TRICARE benefit:
- Weight reduction products
- Food supplements
- Homeopathic and herbal preparations
- Multivitamins (except prenatal vitamins for pregnant women)
- Drugs prescribed for cosmetic purposes
- Fluoride preparations
- Over-the-counter products (except insulin and diabetic supplies)
US Family Health Plan Pharmacy Services
- Mail Order Pharmacy: 1-877-880-7007 (toll free)
- Pharmacy at Brighton Marine: 617-562-5300
- Pharmacy at Hanscom: 781-274-9102